First I had to make tart dough. This was my first time doing a tart and this kind of dough and I was surprised how making it ended up so easy.
Ingredient list is on the end.
HOW TO TART
1. In a bowl mix flour, sugar and salt. Add small cubes of butter/margarine and squeeze that well.
2. In another bowl whisk 1 egg and 2 spoons of cream ( sour cream or heavy cream ) and add that to the flour mix.
3. Beat that with the spoon and dough will magically form :)
Wrap that dough in a plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. It is easier to work with it when it is cooled and hard.
After 30 minutes it is time to put it in the mold. Depending on the size of your mold take a piece of dough and form it into a ball. Roll it to desired thickness and use a lot of flour or baking paper to avoid sticking. I used both because I hate when my dough sticks to my table.
When your molds are filled with dough it is time for the fun part of making a tart - fillings. I made my tart with figs and vanilla cream.
I mixed 1 egg, heavy cream, flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking power, vanilla extract and poured it over the figs. I baked those in the oven around 40 minutes on 200 celsius (392 F).
- 250g white flour
- 65 g sugar
- 150g butter
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon of cream (heavy whipping or sour cream)
- 150ml heavy whipping cream
- 60g sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 TS flour
- vanilla extract
- lemon zest